02 January, 2015

"It Starts in the Strangest Places"


In my 20's, when I first began hearing about Bible Translation again in college, I was rocked by the big picture… that so many social justice, economic, health, and political issues could be miraculously assaulted through the world receiving God's Word. I had certainly known and felt before that God's Word and presence in my life affected everything, but in terms of the mass-suffering of the world, I felt powerless and paralyzed in knowing where and how to help. For me personally though, the Lord began to relentlessly shine a light on the concept of Bible translation as the place to start, and I began to see how starting here brought change and an army-force of light to all other areas of life burdened with the shadow of sorrow, need, death, and darkness.


So today's bite of passion deals with the BIG PICTURE of Bible translation---a reminder of the vastness of impact and the ripple effect that these translation projects, for every tribe and tongue, will have not only on eternity, but now, in the lives of our languishing brothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment