01 January, 2015

A thirty-day "diet" of passion~


Passion and Calling are interesting, hungry beasts, and nothing wakes them like this particular day, each year. Where December 31st comes gliding into our psyches on the beautiful and holy winter exhale of Christmas, New Year's Day shoves at our hearts with purpose, rousing it with a newfound umph!

We long to start well, and January reminds us that the slate is clean, that Jesus has bannered us with a firm it is finished, and we get to wear His name instead of our own murky deeds, identity, and effort. And I think the Lord loves this time of year too… The heft of symbols, and all that advent means burns my heart up each year--learning to wait on and with my Abba--and then to have it followed by the freshness of a new chance to learn to follow Him well.

One of the small ways I want to do that this year is to intentionally feed on what excites the Lord. I find those things in His word, in His creation (us, and nature) and the images of His creativity that come out through us (music, art, poetry..). But I also find it in the passions He's placed inside of me and others---all images of the passions contained in His own heart, the one pure heart. This month, I feel Him calling me to celebrate that, and to nestle into Him by learning more about what brings Him joy, what He's up to around the world and specifically in Bible translation, and what He longs for us to do about it!

So for 30 days, I will process and post what I find here, and I hope you'll join me in my pursuit and celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment