22 April, 2013

Monday, Monday


It's one of those mornings when the new week has begun but my heart and mind are nestled in Sunday — blind-white sunshine and overlapping islands of picnic blankets from yesterday's good conversations... 


But today is a writing day, a listening to The Innocence Mission and connecting with people day, and so Scout and I welcomed it in with kibble and eggs (respectively), and I am sipping coffee in my favorite, should-be-famous Giraffe Mug.


There is so much to do, but I find this morning that letting in the light has been important and slow. It's been the first day in a long, LONG while, weekends included, that I've just lilted through a morning, twirling between starting laundry, stepping out on a windy porch, finishing my tea and pouring some joe, switching the laundry load, and catching up on the lives of dear friends that also try to capture moments with words on various sites..


So with my sentinel at the window, music in the room, and Replenishment beside me, that so rarely visits on Mondays, I welcome this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment